Saturday, November 5, 2011

Maryland vs. Virginia Preview

Today's game at Byrd Stadium is going to be a tight one...well, for at least the first 5 minutes. Don't get me wrong, I love my Terps, but man are they hard to watch this year. I would be lying if I said my hopes weren't high going into the year. Randy Edsall had the best QB in recent memory at UMD coming back for at least one more season, a Defense which was returning star players in Kenny Tate & Joe Vellano, and hard nosed running backs in Davin Meggett & D.J. Adams.

That now seems like an eternity ago. Now we're staring down a quarterback battle, a shaky offensive line, and an injury riddled Defense. Oh yeah, and we've lost 4 in a row. The defense has given up 146 points in those 4 games, and our offense is either hitting or completely missing.

Virginia comes in (5-3 2-2ACC) and within reaching distance of first place in the Coastal division. They had a big win last week in Miami, and look to roll over the Terps today.

It's almost gametime so I'm going to try to catch the first few minutes, like I said before, that may be the only part worth watching.