Thursday, December 29, 2011

Growing Pains

Am I the only Wizards fan who's getting a sense that this year may be another year where we feel like we should be getting paid to watch the games? I don't mean any disrespect, but maaan was that hard to watch last night. I would've been better off watching "The Real Housewives of Atlanta".
But in all seriousness, this is only year 2 of the Wizards (soon to be Bullets) rebuild. We're far better off two games into this season than we were at this point last year. At least we don't have to worry about Gilbert Zero ruining the psyche of John Wall anymore, and we have plenty of young players that will be looking to lockdown a spot in the rotation over the next few weeks.

The main thing I can take away from last night's game vs. Atlanta is that "at times" the Wizards are capable of playing great basketball. Let's face it, the lockout doesn't help any young team come together..especially a team that has 9 players with less than 4 years of NBA experience. This team looks completely disorganized, selfish, and has an innate ability to play anything but team defense.

Am I being too rash? Until I see something different I'd say No! Like I said before though, the lockout has pushed the development, and the camaraderie of this team back at least a month or two. It's unfortunate that we lose 16 games right when we need them the most, but if the players & coaches take this as a positive for the future, and learn from this year's adversity..it can only help this team in the future.

Wall played better last night than he did in the first game vs. NJ...but I'm not going to give him too much praise when I still see an inability to finish at the rim. He may be the fastest PG in the NBA but it won't make a bit of difference until he can finish, and also set up his teammates while driving the lane. I know John won't be happy with his 6 tunrovers last night, to go along with an average amount of assists (6). He needs to have a ratio of at least 2/1 or 3/1 in the ASSTS/TO category. Is it just me or does his cardio look a bit sluggish so far? Easy for me to question his cardio while slugging down a 6-pack last night. Jordan Crawford may be working his way to the bench if he continues to put up gooseeggs on a nightly basis (0/6 fgm/a)..not to mention Nick Young looks like he's getting back to his old form with 21 points last night on 6/12 shooting (3/6 3ptrs). Wouldn't be too surprised if Nick was in the starting line-up as soon as Friday night @ Milwaukee. JaVale McGee had his shining moments and finished with 15pts & 12rebs. He still needs to work on his inconsistency though, and try to put "multiple" complete games together. I catch him standing and watching as shots go up instead of being more aggressive and putting a body on someone. Hopefully going against Turiaf at practice will help him out. I'd rather not go into the play of Blatche so far because it's too early in the day to start drinking away my frustrations.

I'm looking for the Wizards to bounce back against the Bucks tomorrow night, and get that monkey off their back early in the season and pick up that crucial 1st road win to start building their confidence.

Prediction:
WSH 94 - MIL 90

Fight On Zards!

No comments:

Post a Comment