Monday, October 31, 2011

Pump the Brakes Mr. Crawford

There is a very fine line between confidence and delusion.

Remember this Wizard?
Jordan Crawford I should thank you for this fantastic opportunity. If Washington D.C. sports was a normal sports town, I would never get to have much fun with this blog. Enter Jordan Crawford. For those of you who haven't heard of him, he was a rookie last year out of Xavier. He made his way to Washington via trade last year and wasn't expected to do much. Injuries and another awful Wizards season gave Crawford the chance to start alongside John Wall and average around 18 points as a starter here.

Now that you're all caught up, here's his most famous quote, along with my comments in red:



Jordan Crawford-Jordan?
“I don’t tell nobody (I think you're about to), but I feel like I can be better than Michael Jordan (At this point I choked on my unusually large spoonful of Corn Pops). When I’m done playing, I don’t want people to say, Michael Jordan is the best player (Now that's just rude). I want that to be me (Now you just sound like Veruca Salt from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory). That’s how I am. That’s how I was built.” Crawford said.

Oh my goodness that was fun. Now, this is America and what do we do here? We pass blame. This can't possibly be Jordan Crawford's fault that he's delusional can it? Of course not. He has been conditioned by an increasingly egotistical, selfish, Jersey Shore world! Lucky for you guys, I know just who to blame. DRUM ROLL PLEASE. . . . .




 LeBron James!

When Jordan Crawford was in high school he attended Lebron's summer basketball camp. Playing against Lebron in a scrimmage, Crawford drives to the hole, takes the lane, and the dynamite goes boom as he slam dunks on the King himself. From that moment on, Jordan Crawford was doomed to a life of delusion, a life where has obviously been built to be better than Michael Jordan. Unfortunately for those of us who live in the real world, we just have to listen and laugh as Jordan Crawford lives in the shadow of this comment the rest of his career (unless of course it comes true, then this blog post will probably end up in a documentary some day). For now, check out the video of Jordan Crawford dunking on LeBron James here, at FIGHT ON DMV.




No comments:

Post a Comment